Types of Implementation:
- Fresh Implementation
- Rollout projects
- Up gradation Projects
- Supporting Projects
- Enhancement Project (Adding Modules)
- Project Management Plan
- Kick off Meeting
- As Is Analysis
- As Is Document
- To be document
- Gap Analysis
- Configuration/ Setup
- Testing of Configuration
- CRP – Conference Room Pilot
- UAT – User Acceptance Test
- Production Configuration
- Data Migration
- End User Training
- Go Live
- Parallel Run
- Post implementation Support
- Project Management Plan:
- In this phase, Project Manager will create document called “PMP Document” with the details of project time frame, required resources and the total cost of the project.
- This document will be shared with client side steering committee members to get sign off that document.
- Manager will be shared this document with team members.
- Kick off Meeting:
- In this phase introduction will be happen between the implementation team and the steering committee members nand super users of client side.
- As Is Analysis:
- In this phase implementation team will study and analyze the current process of the client business.
- As Is Document: This will be created with the current process analysis.
- To Be Document:
- In this document we will capture all the information how would be the future process of client on Oracle Apps.
- This document will be reviewed by steering committee of client and get signed off.
Process of verify the customer requirement with Oracle Standard functionality is called “Mapping”.
If any requirement is not available in the Oracle Standard functionality is called Gap.
To fix the gap we have to do the following Gap Analysis to find out the best solution.
- Form Personalization
- Work Around
- Re engineering
- Customization: Developing new forms or Reports in Oracle Apps
- Form Personalization: Without writing any programs and coding we can modify some forms.
- Work around: Some process may not be required to do by customer, but he has to follow the process to complete the activity. For example: Zero payments and Petty cash.
- Re engineering: Changing the current process followed by customer to fit with oracle.
- Configuration & Setup:
In this stage we will configure the setup for client systems.
We have 3 types of instances:
- Test instances (CRP Instance) – Only for testing
- Development Instance (Dev Instance) – To develop custom components
- Production Instance (Prod Instance) – Real time instance.
- Testing of Configuration: We will verify the accuracy of the configuration before showing to client.
- CRP: Conference room pilot: We will show the configuration to client and will get signoff. In general there are 2 CRP’s is enough to get sign off.
- UAT: User Acceptance Test: In this phase test instance will be provided to key users of client to test the application.
- Production Configuration:
Once UAT signed off we will configure the production instance. Through “cloning” test instance will be copied to Dev instance for the purpose of technical people usage.
- Data Migration:
Data moving from Legacy System to Production instance is called “Data Migration” or “data Conversion”.
Functional Consultant responsibility in data migration:
- Template preparation for Suppliers, Customers, Purchase Invoice, Sales invoices, Assets, Bank accounts, Payment terms.
- Templates will be filled up by client and implementation team will validate the completed templates.
- These templates with data will be shared to technical consultants.
- Technical people will be developing some staging tables by using some tools like “SQL Loader”. They will be writing some custom programs to store the data in directories. They will be writing the programs in such a way that, system will pick up the data from the staging tables.
- If you run the program then data will flow into Oracle Apps.
- Before that Functional consultant has to set up the pre requisites like Customer and Supplier Accounts.
- To upload the assets data we use “Web ADI” process. For this we do not need to create staging tables for data storing. Validation also not required.
- There will be cut off date for data migration.
- Information which we migrate: Supplier header, Supplier site, Supplier contact information. Customer header, Open transactions.
- End user training: Training to end users
- Go live: After migrating data into production instance, customer start using the Oracle apps, this activity is called as Go Live. This instance is called Prod instance.
- Parallel Run:
Customer will enter the data in the both the applications in Legacy and Oracle Apps. This process is required until the Oracle instance get stabilized.
- Post implementation Support :
Once the implementation completed, after go live, customer may request to provide support for some time.
This is an application implementation methodology developed by Oracle Corporation.
We use this methodology for Oracle Apps projects implementation.
Sequence of order of task to complete implementation is called AIM Methodology.
This will be conducted in 6 phases.
- Operational Analysis
- Solution Design
|AIM Methodology Stage||Implementation Step||Document Name|
|1. Definition||ü Project Management plan|
ü Kick of Meeting
ü As Is Process
ü To be process
è BP 040
è BP 080
è RD 020
|2. Operation Analysis||ü Mapping|
ü Gap Analysis
è BR 030
è MD 050 (FDD)
|3. Solution Design|
|4. Build||ü Configuration / Setup|
|è BR 100|
è TE 040
|5. Transition||ü UAT|
ü Production Configuration
ü Data Migration
ü User Training
è BR 100 & BR110
|6. Production||ü Go Live|
ü Parallel Run
ü Post implementation Support
- BP = Business Process
- BR = Business Requirement
- MD = Module Design
- RD = Requirement Definition
- FDD = Functional Design Document
- TE = Test scripts
- CV = Conversion Documents
Documents – AIM Methodology
- BP 040 = Current Business Process
- BP080 = Future Business process
- RD020 = Requirement Definition = BP040 +BP080
- MD050 = Functional specification document
- BR100 = Application setup document
- TE040 = Test Scripts
- BR110 = Profile Options
Steps in resolving an issue:
- Understand the issue
- Find the setup is correct
- Is there any problem with user creation
- Get help from Meta link (Oracle portal)
- Waiting for user response
- Pending for additional information
Details required raising SR / TAR:
- Application version
- Database version
- Issue description
- Issue title
- Customer identification number
- Contact information
Tools used to raise service requests:
- Remedy Clarify 3. Lotus
HOW TO RISE TO SERVICE REQUEST IN METALINK
Web site link: https://support.oracle.com
Tabs in the window:
- Dash Board
- Service requests
Go to Service Requests tab, there are 6 steps in SR logging
- General Information
- Product and Problem
- Related Knowledge
- Upload files
- Problem Details
- Review then submit SR
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Enter problem summary
- Enter Problem description
- Explain the steps you followed
- Enter the error message number if any
- Choose Support Identification number
- Fill using: Manual Entry
Go to Contact information:
- Enter SR contact name
- Choose contact method: update to SR / Email / Telephone number
- Request Language: English
- PRODUCT AND PROBLEMS:
- Product: Oracle Payables
- Product version: 1.1
- Product language: English
- Platform: Linux
- Platform version: Oracle Linux 5
- Data base version: 2.02 (11g)
- Security level: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
- Very big serious issue – Production environment cannot run
- Big issue – Server loss, operations can continue in restricted manner
- Minor issue – Operations can run with work around
- General issue – Does not impact operations
If you choose security level 1,
System will ask for the following questions:
- Does this issue occur in a customized application? Yes / No
If your answer is “Yes”: Oracle won’t give support
If your answer is “No” we have to provide the below information:
- Manager Name and Telephone number
- Service request user name, phone number, Email and secondary contact
- Choose problem category and Sub category from list of values
- RELATED KNOWLEDGE:
In this step, system will suggest some suitable solutions to the above problem, if you found solution for the request you can stop the request, otherwise you can continue to raise service request
- UPLOAD FILES:
You can upload screen shots and any other supporting files.
Click on Browse and then attach files.
Click on “Upload”
You can see message “Upload completed”
- PROBLEM DETAILS:
In this step we have to re produce all the details about the problem.
Answer all the below questions:
- Instance name: System ID or Server ID
- Type of system: Test or Development
- Describe any recent changes: No up gradation and patch application has been done
- Describe any work around you are using to avoid this problem: No work around is possible.
- Describe how this problem impact your business: We are unable to process payments to vendors
- If connection required to your system: Oracle people can log in to our system through OWC (Oracle web Conference Session). Site name: http:conference.oracle.com
Enter conference ID & Conference key
Say “Join Conference”
Tool bar will be open with computer monitor icon
Place the cursor on monitor icon and share the desk top
- Please upload screen shots: You can paste screen shots here
- REVIEW AND SUBMIT SR:
In this step you can view all the information you entered in the previous steps
Review the information
You can go back to previous screens and make changes
SR number will be generated
Go to “Service request tab” to see the SR number
SOME SUPPORTING ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS
|S.NO||ISSUE||REASON / SOLUTION|
|1||User not able to create accounting for payment||User not created accounting for invoice|
|2||Payment Batch – System is not selecting any invoice||Invoice recorded with one payment method, for payment different payment method selected|
|3||User unable apply prepayment||Settlement days entered in the payables options, we have to remove that|
|4||MRC – while posting transferring data transactions not going to reporting SOB||There was bug in application, we have raised SR, oracle given patch, we have applied patch with the help of technical people|
|5||We have created Budget journal, when inquiry not able to find balances||BUG|
|6||Create accounting program in R 12 Receivables is ending with error||We run the “Validate application accounting definition program” then it works fine|
Implementation – Work around:
- Create employee as petty cash supplier
- Create one bank account to Supplier
- Transfer funds from our internal bank account to Supplier bank account
- At the time of payment to employee, make payment from supplier bank
IT Online HuB